This very high degree of specialisation has enabled us to acquire outstanding experience in the various aspects of patent litigation:
- actions for infringement throughout various technical fields (see our sectors of intervention), which are the most frequent but also the most complex in form, in view of the following matters:
- prior assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of a patent;
- potential limitation of the claims of the patent before or during prosecution;
- organisation of saisies-contrefaçon (search and seizure for infringement), and related disputes;
- preliminary injunction proceedings;
- technical or financial investigations conducted by court-appointed experts;
- international strategy and coordination with lawsuits abroad;
- enforcement of decisions;
- actions for patent invalidity;
- actions for patent ownership;
- actions for declaration of non-infringement;
- actions for compensation of employees’ inventions before the Cnis (Commission Nationale des Inventions de Salariés, French commission of employees’ inventions) and courts;
- litigation relating to patent assignments or licences;
- litigation relating to standard-essential patents and Frand licences.
We intervene in many pan-European or international disputes, and prepare our clients to the entry into force of the unitary patent and the forthcoming establishment of the Unified Patent Court.
We also develop our expertise in arbitration and mediation procedures.
Our experience extends to customs detention procedures based on patents.
We continue to handle trademark, design, copyright and unfair competition issues when they are related to a patent litigation.